Monday, January 3, 2011

Daily Something #2: My New Year's Challenge

It was my original intention that my daily something would be written "daily"; however, as you can see, I was a bit overzealous in my planning.  Thus, I have been contemplating if I should change the title, write a bit every day, or keep it "as is" and write a daily something whenever I get the chance.  But, this is digressive, so I will simply continue to share with you what I was originally thinking when I sat down tonight to write.

New beginnings are a blessing:  the chance to start over, the opportunity to discover something new about yourself that you've never known, or the chance to discover and explore something that you've always wanted to do - and what better time to experience a "new beginning" than the new year.   I've not been much into making new year's resolutions and have on several occasions started a new endeavor only to give up on it or turn my focus onto something else shortly after the enterprise has started, or half way in between.  So, I've decided that instead of setting a new year's resolution, I'm going to present myself with a challenge, and make it such that people hold me accountable to my goal.

Here it is:  I want to do something that stimulates my mind and/or creativity for at least thirty minutes a day.  I was going to shoot for an hour, but I think with the busyness of my life, thirty minutes is more within the realm of the possible.  At first, I'm going to be very lenient in terms of what is acceptable and hope that by the end of the year I will be involved in something that is greater than I could have ever thought imaginable - preferably the start of a new show, or taking art classes at WKU and broadening my horizons.

I'm excited about sharing with you and hope as well that you will enjoy the things I have to share. Happy 2011!  I hope you will discover something new and exciting about yourself and find the time to discover something beautiful about the world around us.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...